Opening for a Financial Controller at Beech
There is an opening for a new Financial Controller (full time, permanent contract) here at Beech Developments:
- Multi award winning construction company, Beech Developments (NW) Ltd is recruiting a Financial Controller. Based in their newly constructed head office in Llandudno Junction, this is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic Financial Controller to add value to a growing business by enhancing the finance function and providing high quality and timely information to the business and its stakeholders.
- Responsible for all financial aspects of the building process, from procuring development finance and preparing forecasts through to final reporting.
- Oversee day to day financial function of the business.
- Cash flow monitoring
- Manage journal entries and the reconciliation of the Bank and Petty Cash to Sage Accounts and our bespoke construction management system (Eque2).
- Monitor financial performance of building developments and contracts.
- Liaise with the Construction Team, occasional site visits required.
- Liaise with main sub-contractors to ensure all relevant information is supplied in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare funding applications; liaise with banks and other potential funders.
- Prepare management accounts (monthly and annual) for the company and report on variances against budgets.
- Preparation of periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows and WIP/ Accrual analysis of individual projects.
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts ready for audit by external Auditors.
- Liaise with external Auditors whenever required and during audit process ensuring all information requested is provided in a timely manner.
- Review and develop systems and processes on a continuous basis.
- Prepare and submit monthly VAT and CIS returns.
- Day to day management of a small finance team
- Qualified accountant with a recognised professional body or equivalent level of certification
- Experience of managing financial controls, cash reporting and overheads.
- Previous experience of working in the construction industry is desirable
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of Sage Accounts
- Willingness to work flexibly in order to support project requirements
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills and excellent business acumen.
- Salary and package will be tailored to attract the best candidate
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information before July 31st, 2020.